PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
A Special Collectors Edition featuring early cult TV scores from the Composer of
THE OMEN * THE WIND AND THE LION* CHINATOWN * STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE * GREMLINS * FIRST KNIGHT * RAMBO * BASIC INSTINCT * PAPILLON * THE BLUE MAX
Thriller (also known as Boris Karloff’s Thriller) is an American anthology television series that aired during the 1960–61 and 1961–62 seasons on NBC. The show featured host Boris Karloff introducing a mix of macabre horror tales and suspense thrillers Reruns currently now air on various classic TV networks.
Thriller was an early milestone in Goldsmith’s career, one of the television steppingstones en route to big-screen fame. Goldsmith would ultimately score 16 episodes of Thriller (about a third of all those with original music) including some of the scariest and best-remembered hours.
Includes suites from some of the most memorable episodes:
THE GRIM REAPER
HAY-FORK AND BILL-HOOK
WELL OF DOOM
YOURS TRULY, JACK THE RIPPER
• OVER 70 MINUTES OF MUSIC
• Newly Recorded in Stunning and Dynamic Digital Sound
• Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Nic Raine, with a unusual chamber music set-up.
• New Score & Orchestration Reconstructed by Goldsmith Expert, Leigh Phillips
• Informative Sleeve Notes by Expert Critic, Jon Burlingame
1. THE GRIM REAPER – Prologue (1:49)
2. THE GRIM REAPER – Suite (7:22)
3. THE GRIM REAPER – End Titles (1:20)
4. HAY-FORK AND BILL-HOOK – Prologue (2:30)
5. HAY-FORK AND BILL-HOOK – Suite (6:15)
6. HAY-FORK AND BILL-HOOK – Finale (1:27)
7. WELL OF DOOM – Prologue (1:37)
8. WELL OF DOOM – Suite (8:42)
9. WELL OF DOOM – Reunited (0:55)
10. MR. GEORGE – Prologue (1:29)
11. MR. GEORGE – Suite (7:06)
12. MR. GEORGE – The Swing (0:53)
13. THE POISONER – Prologue (1:06)
14. THE POISONER – Suite (8:22)
15. THE POISONER – End Titles (0:57)
16. YOURS TRULY, JACK THE RIPPER – Prologue (2:38)
17. YOURS TRULY, JACK THE RIPPER – Suite (6:51)
18. YOURS TRULY, JACK THE RIPPER – “Not John, Jack” (0:26)
19. END TITLES Suite (8:24)