PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Caldera Records is proud to present the original score for the motion picture “That Good Night” from 2017, directed by Eric Styles, featuring music by Guy Farley.
The film, based on the stage play by N.J. Crisp, tells the story of Ralph, a successful writer whose life is full of regrets. With a curious personality that’s both charming and rude, Ralph has built a number of “love him or hate him” relationships over his life – unfortunately, his family seems to fall into the latter group. Now in his seventies and terminally ill, Ralph sets out two goals before entering that good night: he wants to mend his relationship with long-abandoned son Michael and also make sure that he is not a burden to his much younger second wife, Anna. “That Good Night” marks the last screen performance of John Hurt who passed away in January of 2017. Hurt is joined by Charles Dance and Sofia Helin in a stellar cast.
The music for “That Good Night” was written by Guy Farley (“Modigliani”, “Maria di Nazaret”). Farley provided an elegant underscore, recorded with a small orchestra of strings, woodwinds, harp, piano, and world instruments such as a Cavaquino, Spanish guitars, an accordion and ethnic percussion which capture the Mediterranean flavour of the Portuguese Algarve, while the chamber orchestra works its magic on the emotional element of the story. The score, one of Farley's best to date, is filled with memorable themes and motifs that are both uplifting and touching, paying tribute to the character's struggles and the film's hopeful message.
The 24th CD-release of Caldera Records features a detailed booklet-text by Gergely Hubai and elegant artwork by Luis Miguel Rojas. The CD was produced by Stephan Eicke and John Elborg.
1. That Good Night (2:22)
2. The Horizon (1:41)
3. The Villa (1:57)
4. Reynaldo (2:14)
5. Try Harder (1:28)
6. I Love Portugal (1:16)
7. The Fee (1:49)
8. An Injection (1:36)
9. Call Your Dad (2:05)
10. Terminal (2:37)
11. Birth (3:07)
12. How Soon? (0:54)
13. You're Despicable! (1:46)
14. John, Michael and Cassie (2:46)
15. Symposium (1:05)
16. His Beloved Rolex (1:21)
17. You Can Be So Nasty (1:22)
18. Trust Me (2:32)
19. October (1:45)
20. We Call it ALS (1:07)
21. A Grandfather! (1:37)
22. Reformed Character (0:55)
23. Death and Poetry (1:28)
Bonus: 24. Audio Commentary by Guy Farley (6:45)