What have in common the decisive Navas de Tolosa battle, the life of a Spanish Air Forces captain appointed to investigate UFOs in the Canary Islands in the Seventies or Barcelona’s Monserrat Mountain? Since Christmas 2017, the answer to that question is “Another Worlds”. Under that name-and for six consecutive weeks- PPV TV channel #0, belonging to Movistar+, premiered the series Alfonso Cortés-Cavanillas and I directed for the TV screen.
Alfonso Cortés and I knew from the start that the use of that music wouldn’t be enough. For “Another Worlds” final editing we needed a soundtrack amalgamating each and every one of the scenes and making sense of the transition from the Navas de Tolosa explanation to the appearance of a painted UFO over Saint Barbara’s cathedral altar, in Cuenca. It wasn’t an easy task. It required not only musical talent, but also an uncommon bravery and some impeccable good taste.
The mission was entrusted to Carlos Martín, who composed a terrific orchestra soundtrack which he directed himself later, guided by the first editing of each chapter. The truth is I remember those days with deep emotion. The waiting time for the chapters’ final sound versions to then adjust the voice-over script and record my final locution became insufferable. I sensed Carlos’ work was going to be something else, but what in no way I could expect was that it would adapt so delicately to the spirit of each part of the series. The spectator’s reaction-when finally the series premiered in #0 on 20th December 2017-was unanimous. They not only applauded “Another Worlds” concept, but also its music. The messages on social media asking for guidance as to where they could listen to the soundtrack multiplied over the following weeks, making clear what I had already guessed when working on the series: Carlos Martín had nailed it.
Today, the melodies underneath those six initial chapters can brag about a rare achievement. Somehow, they managed to make a place for themselves on the shelves-both mental and digital- occupied in my memory by those great geniuses that blew my mind away in that dark room in Heraldo Radio, when I dreamed I would disclose the great mysteries to the whole world. Javier Sierra. Writer. “Premio Planeta” Award winner, 2017.
1. A CHILD'S DISCOVERY (1:31)
2. A NEW SIGHTING (1:24)
3. ALFONSO VIII - A MESSAGE FROM THE VIRGIN (3:03)
4. ALFONSO VIII - BREAKING INTO THE MYSTERY (3:03)
5. DISCOVERING NEW WORLDS (1:18)
6. ERASE UNA VEZ JAVIER (1:47)
7. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - ATTACK AGAINST THE POPE (1:05)
8. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - HER LAST WILL (2:19)
9. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - LOT OF QUESTIONS (0:57)
10. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - SUSPICIONS (2:13)
11. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - THE MIRACLE (1:36)
12. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - ARRIVING TO FORMIGAO (3:29)
13. FATIMA'S MIRACLE - THE MIRACLE IN THEIR EYES (0:49)
14. IN THIS WORLD (2:22)
15. LA BATALLA DE LAS NAVAS DE TOLOSA (3:30)
16. LITTLE GREEN MEN (7:33)
17. MUNAIZ THEME (3:51)
18. NAVAS DE TOLOSA (2:57)
19. OPENING OTROS MUNDOS (con Daniel Rodrigo) (0:54)
20. OTROS MUNDOS MAIN THEME (1:27)
21. SPACE TRAVEL (4:51)
22. SWEET CHILDHOOD (2:05)
23. THE BOY AND THE BULL (3:01)
24. THE MIRACLE WE NEED (1:32)
25. THROUGH A NEW VIEW (1:49)
26. WONDERFUL THINGS (2:05)
Total Time 62:31