PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of July 17, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“Examines the themes of Walsh’s male-oriented action films – self-definition, the need to transcend the past – from a woman’s point of view.”
– Dave Kehr, The Chicago Reader
“Explosive…Jane Russell perfectly incarnates an unusual character, the female equivalent of the implacable and conquering hero…An unconventional film, typical of Walsh’s last period.”
– Ermanno Comuzio, La Nuova Italia
The terrific creative trio of director Raoul Walsh (High Sierra), producer Buddy Adler (From Here to Eternity), and screenwriter Sydney Boehm (The Big Heat, also from Twilight Time) brings us this adaptation of William Bradford Huie’s racy novel, The Revolt of Mamie Stover (1956). Jane Russell stars as the title character, a shady lady working in a Honolulu “dance hall” while amassing a real estate fortune and conducting a romance with a disapproving but turned-on writer (Richard Egan). Highlighted by a superb Hugo Friedhofer score, available here as an isolated track.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA / English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1956 / Color
Special Features: Isolated Music Track / Original Theatrical Trailer
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units