PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records presents its first collaboration with the Málaga Film Music Festival (MOSMA) with the release of this live concert dedicated to Michael Kamen, recorded in Málaga in June 2016.
Michael Kamen was one of the most well-known and beloved composers within the film industry for more than three decades. He worked on such successful blockbusters as Die Hard, X-Men, Lethal Weapon, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Three Musketeers and the James Bond film Licence to Kill. He collaborated with such directors as Francis Ford Coppola, David Cronenberg, Stephen Herek, John McTiernan, Brad Bird, Tony Scott, Peter Yates and Terry Gilliam. In other music fields, Michael Kamen worked with pop and rock legends such as Eric Clapton, Sting, Rod Stewart, Freddy Mercury, Bryan Adams, Eurythmics and Metallica.
This concert tribute, produced by the composer’s family with the assistance of his widow, Mrs. Sandra Kamen, and performed by the Málaga Philhamonic Orchestra under the baton of Pablo Urbina, was presented as part of the first MOSMA. It encompasses some of his best-known works, from the world premiere of The Adventures of Baron Munchausen suite to Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves; from the vibrant Highlanders to his most energic action scores (Die Hard, Lethal Weapon), as well as some of his most beautiful melodies (Don Juan de Marco, Band of Brothers).
Brilliantly performed and energetically conducted, this CD was recorded live during the concert. It has been restored and mastered by Chris Malone, bringing the great experience of celebrating Kamen’s music on that special evening back to life. The CD also includes the “MOSMA Fanfare” composed and conducted by Arturo Díez Boscovich especially for the Festival.
1. MOSMA FANFARE (0:54)
2. HIGHLANDER (4:26)
3. DON JUAN DE MARCO (6:06)
4. ACTION SUITE (13:05)
LICENCE TO KILL / DIE HARD / LETHAL WEAPON 2 / FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON
5. MR. HOLLAND’S OPUS (7:59)
6. COMEDY SUITE (6:01)
101 DALMATIANS / JACK
7. THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN (12:34)
8. ROBIN HOOD, PRINCE OF THIEVES (13:10)
9. EDGE OF DARKNESS (5:48)
10. BAND OF BROTHERS (3:58)
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION OF 500 UNITS.