PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 8, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
We are releasing for the absolute first time on complete edition CD the OST by Giovanni Fusco for the Peplum film “The Goddess of Love” (original title: “La Venere di Cheronea”).
Giovanni Fusco (October 10, 1906 Sant'Agata de 'Goti, - June 1, 1968 Rome) wrote a symphonic score for orchestra and choir which he entrusted to the masterful conductor, Carlo Savina. His main source of inspiration for this score was surely Iride’s beauty (and actress Belinda Lee who interprets her). Maestro Fusco created orchestral passages with a moving love theme which are introduced in the opening credits (Tr.1 ) and then reprised several times throughout the OST (Tr 3, Tr 4, Tr 5, Tr 9, Tr 10, Tr 12, Tr 13) and contrasted with a battle theme (Tr.6, Tr.7 , Tr.8, Tr.14, Tr.16, Tr.17). We’ve also included the track in the alternate ending from the French version of the film (Tr.21). For this CD (total duration 72:55 minutes), we were able to access the mono master tapes from the recording session so we could use every note recorded. The recovery and preservation of this CD from the Golden Age is a tribute to the musical art of Giovanni Fusco.
Greece is at war with Philip of Macedonia. Luciano, captain of the Macedonian Army, gets wounded in action and is rescued by Iride, a model of extraordinary beauty who poses for the sculptor Prassitele. Iride takes Luciano to the sculptor's home where he falls in love with her. Until that point, Prassitele had only considered Iride a model who he used for inspiration to create the statue of Aphrodite, but now he too feels passionately about the young woman. Iride decides to run away with Luciano and to try to return to the Greek camp. Prassitele then decides to take revenge on the couple by telling the Greek soldiers about the two escapees. The soldiers chase them and shoot Luciano with an arrow. He is believed to be dead so Iride is sent back to Prassitele’s studio. She tries to forget about Luciano by seeing other men. Meanwhile the Macedonians continue advancing and Prassitele is killed by the soldiers. After some time, Iride returns to Prassitele's house and while contemplating the unfinished statue of Aphrodite, an alive and well Luciano shows up. Iride confesses to him that she has been with other men and then tries to kill herself, but Luciano forgives her and affirms his love for her.
1. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Titoli) 1:53
2. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Risveglio magico) 3:55
3. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Bellezza eterna) 2:39
4. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Incontro d'amore) 2:05
5. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Notturno) 3:34
6. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Palazzo reale) 3:04
7. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento drammatico) 1:23
8. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento drammatico - parte II) 2:02
9. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Nata dalle acque) 4:33
10. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Come in un sogno) 6:56
11. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Dopo il risveglio) 5:39
12. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento sentimentale) 3:45
13. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Splendida statua) 3:50
14. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Scontro mortale) 2:39
15. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Amanti) 2:25
16. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (La grande battaglia) 10:02
17. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Inseguimento e incontro) 2:22
18. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento mistico) 4:19
19. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Bella come una dea) 1:01
20. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Finale - versione Italiana) 2:08
21. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Finale - versione alt. Francese) 2:02
Limited edition 300 copies