This film is set in a Victorian era that might have been, influenced by the visions of writers such as Jules Verne. As Pazu, the apprentice of the engineer who maintains a mine's elevator machinery, carries his boss's dinner back to the mine, an unconscious pigtailed girl floats down from the sky into his arms. This girl, Sheeta, and her magical levitation-stone pendant hold the key to a mysterious, mythical sky-castle known as Laputa. Sheeta and Pazu must flee from both air-pirates, who seek the sky kingdom for its legendary treasure, and the army, led by a government agent with his own mysterious agenda for Laputa.
1. Tenkuu no Shiro Rapyuta (Laputa: The Castle in the Sky) 3:53
2. Hato to Shounen (Pigeons and a Boy) 2:26
3. Koufu (A Miner) 4:00
4. Hikouseki (Levitation Stone) 2:38
5. Doora (Dola) 3:37
6. Shiita to Pazu (Sheeta and Pazu) 2:33
7. Taiju (The Huge Tree) 5:24
8. Furapputaa (Flapter) 4:10
9. Ryuu no Ana (The Dragon's Lair) 1:43
10. Tiidiisu no Yousai (The Fortress of Tidith) 4:06
11. Shiita to Pazu (Sheeta and Pazu) 3:17
12. Ushinawareta Rakuen (Paradise Lost) 2:15
An Image album is the orchestral symphonic version of the original soundtrack and has no vocals.