PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Originally released in 1987, SHADOWGATE was one of the first point-and-click adventure games that debuted on the Apple Macintosh. The game was infamous for its difficulty - it challenged gamers far and wide with its cryptic puzzles, secret passages, and countless ways to die. Even if one were to vanquish its enemies and find the safest paths to cross, death still lurks within the form of a torch. If the torch runs out, the gamer stumbles to his death. A rare thing at the time, the game had around 11 minutes of music composed by Hiroyuki Masuno and has been known to be hypnotic. The game quickly garnered a cult following and spawned two sequels.
In 2012, original game designer Dave Marsh reacquired the rights and remade the game. Two years later SHADOWGATE was released and was met with critical acclaim.
Fans of the original and remake are in for a treat. Howlin’ Wolf Records is proud to present composer Rich Douglas’ SHADOWGATE. Not only does Douglas expand upon Hiroyuki Masuno’s themes, he manages to create a whole new musical world for SHADOWGATE. Like the remake, the score is bigger, better, and epic in scope. Rather than have music repeat itself as many games do, Douglas took the ‘adaptive’ dynamic warp music approach. He relied heavily on themes and motifs, strings, brass, and choir to blend seamlessly throughout the game.
With liner notes by Zach Tow, SHADOWGATE features a 12-page full color booklet with artwork by Luis Miguel Rojas.
Fans of adventure music, light up a torch because the journey through SHADOWGATE is dark and perilous!
1. Cut Scene Suite 8:58
2. Shadowgate Theme 2:23
3. Lakmir's Blight 3:55
4. Beyond the Threshold 3:27
5. Battlements 3:00
6. The Third Tower 3:58
7. Of Mirrors and Madmen 5:32
8. Elemental Powers 3:20
9. The Binding of Dwarves 3:16
10. Deep Calls Unto Deep 3:05
11. Your Adventure Ends Here 2:00
12. The Staff of Ages 1:58
13. The Summoning 4:52
14. Shadowgate Theme Reprise 1:48
15. Journey's End (vocals by Jilian Aversa) 2:45
16. Lakmir's Blight (early demo) 1:56
17. Castle Halls (early demo) 2:47
18. Subterranean Cavern (early demo) 1:25
19. Dragon's Den (early demo) 2:04
20. Your Adventure Ends Here (alternate:strings & piano) 2:00
21. Shadowgate Theme Reprise (alternate: no choir) 1:23
22. The Summoning (alternate: more heroic) 4:54
23. Of Mirrors and Madmen Variations (early demo) 1:37
24. Talimar's Folly (early demo) 3:09
25. Torch Running Out 0:39
26. Journey's End (just orchestra) 2:48