PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early June and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with Velvet Film and Agat Films, Music Box Records is pleased to present on CD the collaboration between Alexeï Aïgui and Raoul Peck, with original soundtracks from the director’s latest two films: The Young Karl Marx (2017) and I Am Not Your Negro (2017).
The Young Karl Marx, premiered at the 2017 Berlin Film Festival, presents a lush period drama that joins 26-year-old Karl Marx (August Diehl) and his wife Jenny (Vicky Krieps) in exile in Europe, where they meet Friedrich Engels (Stefan Konarske), who provides the final piece needed for the foundation of Marxist theory. Alexeï Aïgui composed an orchestral score which is oppressing and touching, featuring haunting passages for elegiac strings, flute and piano. The score has been recorded by the Russian State Symphony Cinema Orchestra and conducted by Sergei Skripka.
The Academy Award-nominated documentary I Am Not Your Negro profiles the remarkable life of James Baldwin, the celebrated American novelist, essayist, playwright, poet, and social critic. The film explores the history of racism in the United States. Alexeï Aïgui composed an eclectic score, featuring intimate orchestral pieces (melancholic piano and touching strings) and jazz tunes (trumpet, bass) to emphasize the melancholy tone.
THE YOUNG KARL MARX
1. Générique début (2:19)
2. L'attaque dans la forêt (1:27)
3. L'arrestation à Cologne (0:44)
4. Poursuite de Marx et Engels par la police française (1:25)
5. Jenny et Karl (0:46)
6. Théorie de la Valeur (1:03)
7. Cauchemar de Marx (1:12)
8. Expulsion (1:50)
9. Rencontre de Fred et Mary (1:30)
10. Naissance de Laura / Lettres (5:02)
11. Critique de la Critique critique (1:22)
12. La Ligue communiste (1:47)
13. La dernière dispute (2:34)
14. Le Manifeste (3:46)
I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO
15. I Am Not Your Negro (1:24)
16. Witness (2:24)
17. I Must Sketch Now (2:16)
18. Purity / Letter 2 (1:40)
19. Menace (1:46)
20. Demonstration (0:37)
21. Illusions (1:03)
22. Riots (2:12)
23. Friendship Disappeared (0:37)
24. Paying My Dues (1:20)
25. Malcolm X Murdered (0:47)
26. Sad News (2:21)
27. Unfinished Manuscript (1:11)
28. Letter (1:21)
29. What I'm Trying To Say To This Country / Journey (1:23)
30. FBI Memorandum (1:32)
31. Remember This House (1:36)
32. Reconciliation (0:54)
33. I Can’t Be a Pessimist (featuring James Baldwin) (1:36)
Total Time 55:37