PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of December 19, 2017 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“This blisteringly cynical satire, written by Paddy Chayefsky, is one of the darkest movies ever made, a cold-eyed lament for a society torn apart by the upheavals of the Sixties.”
– Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
“A very serious, very funny melodramatic farce…Mr. Hiller works beautifully with Mr. Chayefsky…he obtains excellent performances from his stars, from Mr. Scott and especially from Diana Rigg.”
– Vincent Canby, The New York Times
Paddy Chayefsky’s magnificently dark comedy, The Hospital (1971), handsomely directed by Arthur Hiller, stars a magisterial George C. Scott as the deeply depressed Head of Medicine at a Manhattan teaching hospital where, over one long night, everything falls apart. The doc’s incipient suicide is interrupted only by the arrival of a seductive young woman (the delightful Diana Rigg), the daughter of a crazed patient (Barnard Hughes); she gives him something to live for and helps him get to the bottom of the bizarre sudden deaths suddenly plaguing the cold-hearted medical institution.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1971 / Color
RATED PG-13 Thematic Elements, Sexual Content and Drug References
Special Features: Isolated Music & Effects Track / Original Theatrical Trailer
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units